Update on Covid-19 Concerns
To our Jack Schmitt Ford Family,
We have all been affected by the unprecedented COVID-19 global pandemic. Our hearts go to those who have been impacted directly by this virus. With the increasing concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, we want to ensure you that the health of our customers and employees are our top priority.
We are fully committed to taking extra measures to ensure our facilities are clean and safe for all. Listed below are some of the steps we’re taking to further increase our meticulous sanitation efforts:
* Our dealership is thoroughly cleaned daily. We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the entire dealership, with special attention to high-contact areas, including, but not limited to, doorknobs, desk tops, telephones, etc. All of our cleaning products are EPA certified sanitizers and virucides. As an additional precaution we are using an EPA approved disinfectant spray that is certified to kill emerging pathogens including the new coronavirus.
* When you’re greeted at the dealership, we’ll offer an “elbow” tap, fist bump or hand wave, instead of our customary, friendly handshake.
* When your vehicle is being serviced, our service technicians will be wearing gloves at all times for extra protection. We will happily offer you gloves if you’d like to wear them on a test drive. We are also allowing customers to test drive vehicles on their own after a member of our staff gives a thorough explanation of how the vehicle operates. We are asking our guests to respect a 30 minute time limit and provide a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and sign a test drive waiver form.
* We are continually mandating proper sanitary and hygiene habits (correct hand washing techniques, frequent hand washing, coughing and sneezing procedures, etc.) by posting relevant signage throughout the dealership and through other constant internal communication methods.
* We have encouraged that any of our team members who may in the future experience symptoms of the COVID-19 virus to stay home. You may continue to shop our inventory online at JackSchmittFord.com using our Express Purchase tool. With Express Purchase, you can browse our inventory, purchase a new or used car, complete the finance process, and receive a trade-in offer for your current vehicle – all from the comfort of your own home. Additionally, we are happy to deliver the vehicle to you at your home. Not ready to buy? If you are within 25 miles of our dealership, we’ll bring it by your home for a test drive.
We will keep you up to date if any scheduling changes outside of normal hours of operation occur via email, on Jack Schmitt Ford’s Facebook and Instagram, and on JackSchmittFord.com. Our senior leadership team will continue to meet daily on how we can improve our programs and actions to help protect guests and employees. We will continue to monitor the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the WHO (World Health Organization), and Illinois’ local / state guidelines.
We are committed to implementing recommendations from the health authorities to give you peace of mind as you visit us now and in the future. The health and safety of our guests and our team will always be our most important consideration, especially in these challenging circumstances. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus, please visit
CDC Coronavirus Updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
WHO Guidance: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus