How to Program a Ford Key Fob
If you received replacement car keys for your Jack Schmitt Ford car, you may be wondering how to program a Ford key fob. We’re here to help make this an easy process. Our new Ford vehicles have keyless entry and rely on a key fob to perform certain functions like unlocking and locking the car. While it sounds daunting, Ford key fob programming is quite simple! We’ll give you step by step instructions on how to program it so you can get back on Edwardsville and Maryville roads!
Ford Key Fob Programming Instructions
- Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
- Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the door locks to cycle.)
- Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
- Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
- Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.
How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
Are you selling or trading in your Ford? You may want to turn off your key fob. First, you’ll need to make sure your vehicle is started up with your main admin key or admin key fob. Then you can follow the instructions to turn off your Ford key fob:
- Start your vehicle and allow your computer and screen to turn on.
- Using your steering wheel-mounted controls, press the left arrow button to access the main menu.
- From the main menu, press “Settings” after selecting “OK.”
- Once you’re at the “Settings” screen, scroll until you find the “MyKey” option, then press “OK.”
- Under “MyKey,” find the option that says “Clear MyKey.”
- After selecting “Clear MyKey,” press and hold “OK” until you get the “All MyKeys Cleared” message on the screen.
Explore Ford Key Fobs at Jack Schmitt Ford Today!
If you have any questions about how to program a Ford key fob, please don’t hesitate to contact us! If you’re having other issues with your key fob, schedule an appointment with our service department and we’ll try to find a solution. Feel free to explore our other service and parts tips in the meantime!
More from Jack Schmitt Ford
From its impressive performance on Edwardsville roads to its plethora of standard tech features, you can’t go wrong with a new Ford Escape at Jack Schmitt Ford. But what about the Ford Escape cargo space? You’ll be pleased to know that the Ford Escape dimensions are quite generous for a small SUV. Learn more about the…
If you received replacement car keys for your Jack Schmitt Ford car, you may be wondering how to program a Ford key fob. We’re here to help make this an easy process. Our new Ford vehicles have keyless entry and rely on a key fob to perform certain functions like unlocking and locking the car. While…
Whether you’re looking for a new SUV for your growing family or your daily commutes to Maryville, the 2022 Ford Explorer is worth your consideration. Like other Edwardsville shoppers, you may be saying, “I’ve considered the 2022 Ford Explorer, but how many seats does it have? What are the Ford Explorer dimensions?” New…